Chamber legal expenses, insurance and helpline
Providing fully paid Members of Ayrshire Chamber with FREE unlimited access to qualified advice - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
Legal Advice Line CALL 029 21 157 571 - Select option 1 for Scottish Specific Legal Advice
When calling you will be asked to provide:
- Your name
- Company name
- Your membership
- Chamber name
What would happen if you were faced with an escalating personnel issue, the threat of litigation or a health and safety problem? Do you have the expertise in all these fields to protect your business?
As a fully paid Member of the Chamber you can gain access to 'Chamber Advice Line'.
This service is provided by Composite Legal Expenses Ltd., a leading national consultancy that is endorsed by the BCC and is committed to reducing the burdens of dealing with the regulations facing businesses today.
Providing confidential advice on a range of legal and accountancy matters:
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Environmental Health
- Tax & VAT Issues
- Construction Safety
- Direct access to professional advice 24 hours a day
- Free help and advice irrespective of the number of calls made
- Expert advice available on the telephone whenever a problem arises
- Exclusive service, tailored to Chamber Members
- Guaranteed quality service from a national provider
How do you take advantage of this unique offer?
Legal Expenses Insurance.
Providing FREE legal expenses cover for members of Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Running a business without commercial legal expenses insurance is a risk you can't afford to take.
With legal fees of around £150 per hour and with compensation awards for unfair dismissal achieving up to £65,000, now is the time to act - and there couldn't be a better time.
Ayrshire Chamber has teamed up with Composite Legal Expenses to offer cover free of charge. Composite Legal Expenses Ltd, is a leading national consultancy, which is endorsed by the British Chambers of Commerce, with terms underwritten by Groupama Insurance Company Limited.
- Employment related claims
- Prosecutions brought against your business
- Personal injury claims
- Business monitoring
- Landlord disputes
- Immediately available to paid up members
- Cover for up to £100,000 in legal fees
- Cover for up to £65,000 of awards
Composite Legal introduced an enhancement of the service which came into effect on 1st June 2015.
The changes are:
- Excess - Removal of the £1,000 policy excess (or £800 for employment claims) so members will no longer have to pay anything should they have to make a claim
- Claim limits - An increase in the limit that a member can claim to £100,000 per claim and £1,000,000 per member per annum
- Policy - A new simplified and easier to understand Policy Wording, which can be found below
- Advice Line - The introduction of geographic telephone number 029 21 157 571 to replace the 0871 number for members to call to access the Chamber Legal Advice Line
The Insurer shall not be liable for any claim for indemnity in respect of or arising from or relating to:
3.1 a dispute of which the Time of Occurrence (as defined in clause 19.9) was within the first 90 days of the first Period of Insurance in the case of an employee who was subject to a written or verbal warning or involved in a dispute arising from his employment within the 6 months immediately preceding such period; or
3.2 a claim against the Insured in respect of damages for personal injuries to the claimant and/or loss of or damage to his property.
3.3 the Insured's failure to follow the procedures prescribed by the Commercial Legal Helpline
3.4 a dispute where the Insured has failed to consult the Commercial Legal Helpline immediately upon the Insured becoming aware of the dispute or potential dispute or where the Insured has failed to heed the written advice of a Panel Solicitor.