£2.2 billion for business
Actions being taken by the Scottish Government to support businesses including a package of measures worth £2.2 billion from 1 April:
- a full year’s 100% non-domestic rates relief for retail, hospitality and tourism
- £10,000 grants for small businesses in receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme or Rural Relief
- £25,000 grants for hospitality, leisure and retail properties with a rateable value between £18,000 and £51,000
- 1.6% relief for all properties, effectively freezing the poundage rate next year
- First Minister to convene an emergency meeting of the Financial Services Advisory Board
- urging local authorities to relax planning rules to allow pubs and restaurants to operate temporarily as takeaways
- extending the go live date for the deposit return scheme to July 2022
- halting the introduction of the Visitor Levy Bill
The £2.2 billion package of support for business supersedes the £320 million package announced on 14 March and includes an additional £1.9 billion of increased support following the Chancellor’s announcement on 17 March.
A helpline providing businesses across Scotland with advice and guidance on COVID-19 - advisers across Scotland will answer questions from businesses related to COVID-19. The helpline will also help the Scottish Government identify the current challenges facing businesses.
The helpline is 0300 303 0660, and will be open Monday to Friday, between 8.30am to 5.30pm.
The findbusinesssupport.gov.scot website is the best way for business to find the information they need in relation to Covid-19 (24/7)
Quest (the FREE Chamber HR/Health & Safety/Tax/Legal services) have further information which helps employers deal with staff who may have been affected by the COVID-19 and consequently potential home isolation. Our members have their own login to access lots of information and guidance, and can call the helpline. Find out more here
For information on what to do if you staff do go off on holiday and who may have to Home Isolate on return please click here for further HR information. https://www.questcover.com/news/employer-s-obligations-to-coronavirus/