If you would like to get involved in any of the 3 stages or would like to hear more about our work please call us on 01292 678666 or email the Education Team
- Are you clear about Work Experience Placements? Work Placements allow young people to have a richer experience of the workplace. For those young people who have already formed a clear set of aspirations, a meaningful exposure to the requirements of their chosen field related to their studies will better prepare them for success. For those who are less certain about their future career, a range of experiences will help provide them with a good basis on which to make decisions.
- Sample induction programme for pupils taking up your offer of a placement?
- You know who to contact for help & support relating to the placement? If you are looking for help & support prior to the placement then please contact Suzanne or Sam or call 01292 678666. You should receive a letter from the school approximately 2 weeks before a placement starts, this should detail a contact in the school should an issue arise during the placement. If for some reason you are unable to reach the named contact then please contact the Chamber by above methods.
- Appropriate activities for pupil during placement - The starting point for organising a work experience placement is to identify exactly what opportunity you are offering. This means compiling a timetable of meaningful activities for the duration of the placement.
- Feedback session with the pupil before end of placement - To ensure the pupils learning experience has been fulfilled it is beneficial that a feedback session takes place. This allows the employer to highlight areas that the pupil has flourished and areas that could be developed in the future.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDANCE
|Motor vehicle Repair
||5 Steps to Risk Assessment